Tuesday, December 9, 2008

flew into my cuckoo nest

Beauty to me is an exotic surrealistic sight/feeling. It is so many things that you really cannot call it a noun, an adjective, or a simple emotion. In fact for me, beauty is a detail of many emotions, nouns and adjectives, and that’s why it’s the sweetest touch on so many wonders in the world.A complex visual description seeping out of so many people’s lips, their description of what is beautiful might differ from mine. But doesn’t that make the world that much sweeter?
My obsession with anything beautiful leads into my excitement with the awkward and twisted. I don't think I have ever stopped morphing my likes and dislikes, but now that I look back on my stages throughout teenage hood, I realize I have collected albums of passions in my mind. There is still no way I could answer a question about my preferences in music quickly. Or the kind of tattoos I have dreamed to be traced along my body. Currently I am obsessed with graphic artist, particularly in the mid 20th century. It began with Milton Glaser, to Aubrey Beardsley. It led to me setting up that art studio downstairs, which is now transitioning into sewing old clothes together to create new things. I think that is how many passionate people of my kind think, and get inspired by random objects and art that come into our life by chance. I am inspired by performance art, by blunts and beats, by incredible art that stops my breath for just a second, and many times by conversations. I think I am more excited about going to college for that reason, to meet a slew of people that are just as vivid and insane as I am, people that go through as many creative transitions as I do. It may not be healthy to jump from one activity to the next, but I get bored with anything that is constant. I wish there was a profession that would require going out into the world on the search for the new, for the old, for the beautiful. So far I have picked to major in journalism next year, with a minor in design. This will be a perfect marriage of written and visual beauty in my life, mixed in with publication.
And
dats
all I gotta say about that.

No comments: